INTERACT CLUB OF PRATT MEMORIAL SCHOOL HAS UNDERTAKEN AND COMPLETED THE FOLLOWING SOCIAL SERVICE PROJECTS AND PROGRAMMES FOR THE PERIOD AUGUST 2016 – JULY 2017
Literacy Programme :-
• Distribution of educational materials to underprivileged schools.
• Tutoring underprivileged children at the child empowerment centre, St. James Church.
• Excursions for underprivileged children to entertainment parks and museums.
• Tuition fees, examination fees, buying of study material and uniforms for four sponsored underprivileged children studying in various schools.
• Distributing food to pavement dwellers.
• Feeding programmes for street children.
• Feeding Programmes for underprivileged boarding schools St. Elizabeth school Behala and Snehakunja, Arunima Hospice for children with aids.
• One week Iftar celebrations for underprivileged children at the child empowerment centre.
• Organizing lunch and tea programmes at Mulvany Old Homes for the Aged and Salvation Army Old Homes
• Distribution of clothes and blankets to children and pavement dwellers.
• Movie day for underprivileged children.
• Christmas celebration for underprivileged children.
Concern for senior citizens: –
• Monthly visits to Mulvany homes and donation of dry ration of rice, flour, tea, sugar, oil, bounvita, cooking oil, toiletries, night wear, saries, towels and bedsheets.
• six visits to salvation army Homes for the aged. Distribution of bedsheets, towels, shorts, t-shirts and toiletries.
• Distribution of blankets.
• Lunch organized for senior citizens.
• Organized cultural entertainment programmes at the old age homes.
• Organized a cultural programme for Snehakunja
Concern for society:-
• Aids awareness programs
• Breast cancer programs