Boarding Rules and Regulations
Pratt Memorial School maintains a high standard for boarding. It has the capacity to accommodate 40 children. Students from Class V upwards are allowed to become boarders.
- Boarders must bring the clothing and other essential things as per the list provided by the school.
- They should maintain strict discipline.
- Rooms have to be kept neat and clean at all times.
- Should not waste water and electricity.
- Boarders are not allowed to keep any money, valuables, any electronic gadgets or mobile phones etc. with them. Gadgets once confiscated will not be returned.
- Pocket Money of Rs. 150 will be given to classes 6 and below. Rs. 200 for class 7 and above.
- Parents are not allowed to visit their wards during the weekdays and must not meet their wards without the permission of the Principal.Students are expected to use the study time profitably and strict silence has to be maintained.
- Make-up sets, nail polish, hair colours will be confiscated if brought to school.
- In case of sickness, it should be reported to the Matron for appropriate action.
- Any damage caused to the school property will be recovered along with a fine.Telephone rules :
- Parents can make phone calls only on Friday between 3.00 p.m. to 4.00 p.m. in the school landline number.
- Boarders are not permitted to bring Mobile phones. Mobile once confiscated will not be returned.Leave rules :
- Students are normally not allowed to leave the school during the term except in very special cases.
- Leave may be granted for special medical treatment if necessary.
- The students should be picked up and brought back strictly on the dates and time given to them. The date and time for pick-up will be intimated through SMS from school.
Boarding House Rules :
- It is expected that each students displays her best and maintains cleanliness of her room.
- It is expected that every boarder follows the specific schedule of timing, especially rising up and lights out.
- Once admitted as a boarder, the student is not permitted to become a day scholar till the end of the session.
- Each student is to spend not more than 15 min in the bathroom.
- Principal’s decision is final in all matters.Dress & Appearance :
- Boarders are expected to be presentable at all times.
- Coloring of hair and inappropriate hair styling are not permissible.
- All the belongings of every student must be listed and clearly marked.Visits of Parents :
- Parents need to understand that their frequent visit to school will only disturb the schedule of the child.
Rules may change time to time without prior intimation.
Week Day Schedule
- Wake up Bell : 00 a.m.
- Devotion : 30 a.m. – 5.45 a.m.
- Bathing Time : 45 a.m. – 6.45 a.m.
- Breakfast : 15 a.m.
- Study : 30 p.m. – 7.30 p.m. & 8.30 p.m. to 10.00 p.m.
- Dinner : 30 p.m. – 8.00 p.m.
- Night Light out : 00 p.m. (5-8)
10.30 p.m. (9-12)
Each student is personally responsible for sending and collecting her clearly marked and accurately counted laundry. All clothing must be marked.
All students present in the boarding house must attend all meals. Students allergic to any food item should be mentioned at the time of admission.
In case of illness student must report to the Matron immediately. Students are not to treat themselves without consulting Matron.
Rules for Sundays
All students in the boarding house are allowed to attend a church service on Sunday morning.
- Parents are enjoined to cooperate towards making the task of running the boarding house a huge success.
- Students should return to the boarding house on the day and time stipulated.
- Parents should endeavour to buy the needs of the students but should not spoil them by giving in excess of what they should have or what is considered reasonable.
- All fees should be paid on time.
- Students are expected to observe strictly the hostel Timetable, Assemblies, Games, etc.
- Students are not allowed to sleep in rooms other than theirs.
- Pocket money should be kept with the school account’s office and withdrawn when the need
- Punitive measures would be taken against students who engage in ragging and brutality.
- Students are encouraged to respect their elders and seniors. The younger ones should not be rude or disobedient. Senior students should treat the younger ones with kindness.
- Fighting, Stealing are offences which will not be treated with levity.
- Food should be served and eaten while in the hall and designated places.
- Only parents / guardians whose names are registered with the school authority would be allowed to see students during visiting days and to collect them on vacation days.
- On vacation days, parents are obliged to complete the necessary exist formalities before taking their children away.